Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching The Roaring TwentiesTeacher Pass
Teaching The Roaring Twenties Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Why did the Republican Party dominate national politics during the decade?
- What was attractive about "normalcy"?
- What was wrong with the Democrats?
- What lesson might political parties learn from their dysfunction?
- Why do political parties periodically find it difficult to avoid this sort of internal division?
- What were the positives and negatives of the pro-business policies pursued by the decade’s republican presidents?
- What statistics support these conclusions?
- Must “pro-business” policies always lead to these sorts of divergent results? (economic growth, maldistribution of income)
- What led to the corruption of the decade?
- Was it the fault of Harding or of his pro-business policies?