Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching the 1950sTeacher Pass
Teaching the 1950s Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Why was Eisenhower such an attractive candidate in 1952?
- In general, what makes military leaders attractive presidential candidates?
- Are they more electable in some periods than others?
- Would a former general be an attractive choice today?
- Does military experience actually prepare them for the presidency?
- What part of their experience prepares them for being president?
- What part does not—and may actually be a detriment?
- Did Eisenhower govern like a former general?
- What is Eisenhower's most significant legacy?