Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching 1984Teacher Pass
Teaching 1984Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Book 1, Chapter 1
Questions1. What is the name of the apartment building where Winston Smith lives?
2. Why does Winston often keep his back to the telescreen?
3. Where did the diary come from?
4. Describe how people act during Two Minutes of Hate.
5. According to Winston, which crime encompasses all other crimes?
Answers1. Victory Mansions
2. Someone is always watching through the screen
3. He bought it in a run-down junk shop
4. They scream and yell and kick; they express savage anger
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE