A Dialogue between the Soul and the Body
A Dialogue between the Soul and the Body Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Who has the better position in the argument: the soul who speaks first or the body who gets the last word? What parts of the poem support your answer?
- What would "A Dialogue between the Brain and the Soul" look like? Or does soul = brain? Why do you think so?
- Is it surprising that a body isn't friends with its soul? Would you expect them to be BFFs? How might the speakers in this poem answer that question?
- How would the poem change if the body and soul passed off the mic every other line instead of every other stanza?
- A soul sounds pretty spiritual, but where is all the religion in this poem? Why do you think it's missing?