A Late Aubade
A Late Aubade Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why do you think Wilbur stalls so long in telling us what's really going on? Do you begin to suspect romance before it's actually revealed? If so, when?
- What is the effect of listing all of the activities the woman could be doing but is not?
- What does it say about the couple that they haven't left the house all day?
- What is the effect of only getting the speaker's point of view? (Remember, we never actually hear from the woman he's addressing the whole time.)
- Do you think the woman is as content as our speaker? Why or why not?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Lines Composed a Few Miles above Tintern Abbey, on Revisiting the Banks of the Wye during a Tour, July 13, 1798 - Learning Guide
Noodle's College Search