When authors refer to other great works, people, and events, it’s usually not accidental. Put on your super-sleuth hat and figure out why.
- Francois Rabelais, Gargantua and Pantagruel (13)
- George Psalmanazar, Historical and Geographical Description of Formosa (18)
- James Francis Edward Stuart (the Pretender), son of James II who was deposed from throne over Catholicism (1)
- Barbados, where Irish immigrated due to poverty (1)
- Roman Emperor Titus, who invaded and captured a divided Jerusalem in 70 BCE (28)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...