Lena Younger (Mama) Timeline and Summary
- Lena does not support Walter’s liquor store plan.
- She awaits a check in the mail from her husband’s life insurance.
- Lena buys a house in a white neighborhood with the $10,000.
- Mama worries about the development of her children, particularly of Walter as his father’s son, and the future of their family.
- Lena gives Walter the remaining $6,500 to show her faith in him.
- Lena looks for strength after Walter loses all of the money.
- Lena stands up for Walter when Beneatha criticizes his manliness.