Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching AbolitionismTeacher Pass
Teaching Abolitionism Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- How would you explain the striking contradictions of early America? Slavery within a society that celebrates freedom? Brutal exploitation among a people who believed that they were launching a noble experiment in liberty?
- Does Contemporary American society hold any similar contradictions?
- Will future historians ponder some strange blind spot in our own society?
- Is there a scorned, minority movement that future generations will celebrate for its foresight and heroism?
- Tree huggers?
- Tea Partiers?