The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian Chapter 21 Summary
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree
- Christmas comes and Junior's Dad takes what little money the family has and runs off to get drunk.
- He comes back on January 2 with a big old hangover.
- He apologizes to Junior, who is pretty heartbroken about the whole thing.
- His dad, though, does pull a crumpled five-dollar bill from his boot and gives it to Junior.
- Knowing that his dad is a raging alcoholic, Junior is actually touched that he didn't spend the money on beer – but saved it for him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...