The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Cite This Page
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian Chapter 6 Summary Page 1
Go Means Go
- Junior feels like life has knocked him on his butt.
- He asks his mom and dad, "Who has the most hope?" (6.7).
- They answer at the same time, "White people" (6.10).
- Junior counters their answer with one of his own: he wants to change schools. He wants to leave the reservation and go to Reardan, the school for rich white kids 22 miles away.
- They ask him when he wants to go. He says now. They say OK. Yup, it was just that easy.
- Junior's parents want the best for him, but they also warn him that the transition will be hard. Not only at Reardan, but also here: At home, on the reservation.