The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian Chapter 6 Summary
Go Means Go
- Junior feels like life has knocked him on his butt.
- He asks his mom and dad, "Who has the most hope?" (6.7).
- They answer at the same time, "White people" (6.10).
- Junior counters their answer with one of his own: he wants to change schools. He wants to leave the reservation and go to Reardan, the school for rich white kids twenty-two miles away.
- They ask him when he wants to go. He says now. They say okay. Yup, it was just that easy.
- Junior's parents want the best for him, but they also warn him that the transition will be hard. Not only at Reardan, but also at home, on the reservation.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...