Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
by Edward Albee
Martha Timeline and Summary
- Martha stumbles home with George.
- After announcing that they will be having guests over for a drink to George, Martha welcomes Nick and Honey to her home.
- Throughout the course of the evening, Martha continually exposes the failure of George's career.
- She engages in aggressive flirting with Nick and at one point dances sexy with Nick right in front of her husband.
- Martha brutally exposes the failure of George's novel and his traumatic childhood.
- After being essentially encouraged by George, Martha runs upstairs to sleep with Nick.
- Martha is decimated when George "kills" their imaginary son.
- The play ends as Martha is comforted by George, and facing life without illusion.