Cite This Page
After Apple-Picking Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What kinds of thoughts do you usually have before falling asleep? Are you able to predict what you will dream about? Are you able to control your dreams?
- Why does the speaker think that his dreams will be "troubled"?
- Where is the narrator of this poem? Is he still in the orchard, lying in bed, or somewhere else?
- Does this poem have a "symbolic" meaning, or is it just a straightforward poem about apple-picking? Is it possible to read too much into the mysterious images in the poem, or do these images cry out for an interesting and creative interpretation?
- What daytime activities give you the best sleep at night?