by Michael Scott
The Alchemyst Chapter 31 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Bad news, guys: the Shadowrealm is breaking down.
- Dee, Bastet, and the Morrigan have only a few moments before Hekate's whole world collapses.
- And the Morrigan and Bastet are getting antsy. Shouldn't they book?
- Not so fast. Dee wants to stick around to use his necromancy skills to talk to the dead goddess of Hekate.
- So he conjures her face in a bubble and commands Hekate to talk to him.
- She tells him that Flamel believes the twins are the ones from the prophecy.
- Well, what do you believe? Dee wants to know.
- Hekate's not so sure about the twins. It could go either way.
- Suddenly Bastet has a burning question: did Hekate Awaken the twins' magical powers?
- Quick thinking Hekate sees a loophole in the question and answers no.
- Unfortunately, Bastet believes that she's lying, even though she knows that under the necromancy spell, a person cannot lie.
- So Dee rephrases the question, this time asking whether she Awakened the girl.
- Out comes the truth: Hekate Awakened the girl, but not the boy.
- The Shadowrealm is just about to collapse. The Morrigan, Bastet, and Dee race away, leaving behind Senuhet and the remnants of their armies to be destroyed.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...