The Alchemyst Chapter 31 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Bad news, guys: the Shadowrealm is breaking down.
- Dee, Bastet, and the Morrigan have only a few moments before Hekate's whole world collapses.
- And the Morrigan and Bastet are getting antsy. Shouldn't they book?
- Not so fast. Dee wants to stick around to use his necromancy skills to talk to the dead goddess of Hekate.
- So he conjures her face in a bubble and commands Hekate to talk to him.
- She tells him that Flamel believes the twins are the ones from the prophecy.
- Well, what do you believe? Dee wants to know.
- Hekate's not so sure about the twins. It could go either way.
- Suddenly Bastet has a burning question: did Hekate Awaken the twins' magical powers?
- Quick thinking Hekate sees a loophole in the question and answers no.
- Unfortunately, Bastet believes that she's lying, even though she knows that under the necromancy spell, a person cannot lie.
- So Dee rephrases the question, this time asking whether she Awakened the girl.
- Out comes the truth: Hekate Awakened the girl, but not the boy.
- The Shadowrealm is just about to collapse. The Morrigan, Bastet, and Dee race away, leaving behind Senuhet and the remnants of their armies to be destroyed.