The Alchemyst Chapter 35 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Back in Ojai, the Witch of Endor enters her antique shop. Sophie and Josh immediately realize that she is blind.
- The Witch tells Flamel to call her Dora, and turns to Scatty, talking in a language Sophie is surprised she can understand.
- Hey Josh, allow Sophie to translate: Dora wants to know why her granddaughter hasn't come to see her for 300 years, or e-mailed, phoned, or even looked in a mirror to talk to her.
- Uh oh, looks like there's trouble in this vampire-witch family.
- But Scatty and her Gran work it out. They make up and continue to chat.
- Sophie and Josh realize that Dora can somehow see them through the mirrors, even though she is blind. Oh so that's what they're there for.
- Flamel asks the Witch to tell them what happened in the Shadowrealm today—you know, after they fled it.
- Bad news, Flamel. Dora tells him that the Shadowrealm is no more, and that Hekate is dead.
- She tells Scatty that because Hekate was family, she'll need to avenge her death.
- Sure thing, says Scatty.
- As it turns out, Dora saw all this coming. In fact, she saw the events of today a full month ago, because she sees all the potential versions of the future. Of course only one of the versions she sees ever comes to pass.
- The twins are startled to see that she has no eyes—just reflective mirrors.
- That's because she gave up her eyes in exchange for the gift of Sight.
- Dora agrees to help train Sophie because she knows that the Dark Elders can only be stopped by Silver and Gold.
- Sure, Dora. Whatever you say.
Next Page: Chapter 36
Previous Page: Chapter 34