The Alchemyst Chapter 40 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- It's time to shake things up, it seems.
- This chapter is composed of excerpts from newspapers.
- The first headline reads: "Movie Company Causes Mayhem in Scenic Ojai."
- The article blames the strange goings on and mayhem in Ojai on movie stunts for Enoch Films, a division of Enoch Enterprises.
- Dr. John Dee, their chairman, apologizes for the confusion, blaming the weather for the scariness of the special effects.
- It also reports that a drunk driver crashed into the Libbey fountain. Dee has promised to restore it.
- A second headline reads: "Local Antique Shop Devastated by Explosion."
- The article blames Dora Witcherly's shop's explosion on faulty wiring.