The Alchemyst Chapter 6 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- The action flits to Dr. John Dee in a car, proudly taking a picture of his prisoner, Perenelle, for his cell photo album.
- He sends the photo to a mysterious phone number.
- We learn that Dee is in awe of the elegant Frenchwoman, but has no clue just how powerful she is.
- It turns out that Perenelle is a powerful sorceress. She and her alchemyst husband make quite the power couple.
- Dee traces a curling symbol on Perry's left hand, and a mirror image on her right. Strange.
- She sits up and tries to speak, but she cannot: apparently Dee has placed her under a warding spell. We're guessing that means he put a magical gag order on our girl.
- Dee's phone rings, and he asks the person on the other line if he or she received the photo he sent.
- Perenelle can hear cackling on the other end of the line, and Dee says that he has the Book.
- He suddenly drops the phone when he realizes the two pages Josh tore from the book are missing.
- Needless to say, the dude is not happy. He makes to turn around, but then he changes his mind.
- He tells the person on the phone that he will be in need of the Morrigan's services.
- The who?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...