The Alchemyst Chapter 8 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Meanwhile, Dee is getting frustrated with the new complication in his plan.
- The dude really needs those two pages.
- He pours soda into a silver dish on his lap and allows some of his aura to seep into it as he utters the scrying spell.
- He sees through the rat's eyes into the dojo. Well, that's strange, but we can dig it.
- Scatty accuses Flamel of being up to something.
- Flamel mysteriously smiles (way to ease her suspicions, buddy) and tells her he wants her to protect and train the twins for what is to come.
- Looks like the twins won't be going home anytime soon.
- Sophie and Josh call their parents and invent an excuse: that Perry and her husband invited the twins to join them for a little break at their home in the desert.
- The twins hold their breath as they wait for a response, and are overjoyed to hear that their parents are cool with the idea.
- Frankly, they're too busy discovering fossils on their dig to worry about their kids' shenanigans.
- Josh Googles Scathach (we recommend you do the same) and sees that she's a real figure, also called "the Shadowy One."
- Sophie sees rats and realizes they're still being watched.
- Then we start to view the scene through the eyes of the rat. Dee's still spying, it seems.
- He sees the twins, and a sudden thought strikes him. He wants to kill these kids.
- As Sophie and Josh suss out the situation, the spying rat leaps with its teeth bared toward them, but splats against the window.
- The twins see three huge Golems suddenly pushing their way through the alley, followed by tons of rats.
- Time to book.
Next Page: Chapter 9
Previous Page: Chapter 7