Josh Newman Timeline & Summary
- Josh, while working at the bookstore across the street from Sophie's coffee shop, witnesses a crazy magical battle between the shop owner, Nick Fleming, and a mysterious villain named Dee.
- Dee's there to steal a book, out of which Josh manages to rip a few pages.
- When Dee kidnaps Fleming's wife, Perry, they team up with Fleming, who turns out to be none other than the famous alchemyst Nicholas Flamel. Oh and he and his wife Perry are immortal. Sweet.
- They head for a dojo to hatch a plan to get Perry, a.k.a. Perenelle back. There, they meet another immortal named Scathach, or Scatty.
- Their plan is to head for the Shadowrealm, where Hekate lives.
- Hekate tells the twins that they have pure auras, which is kind of a big deal, and Flamel tries to convince Hekate to Awaken their magical powers.
- As they camp out at Hekate's Josh asks Flamel why he and Sophie are so important.
- Well it turns out there's an awesome prophecy about the twins: they have the power to either save the world or destroy it. Dun dun dun.
- Hekate decides to Awaken the twins, but Dee and his villains are approaching.
- Before a battle ensues, Hekate manages to Awaken Sophie, but not Josh, who is still very very normal.
- Josh, Sophie, Flamel, and Scatty pile into Dee's Hummer and drive south to Ojai to see the Witch of Endor. (Hekate is left behind and killed by Dee.)
- The twins meet the Witch of Endor, who agrees to help Sophie learn how to use her powers. Feeling a little left out, Josh goes to sit by a fountain.
- Then Dee suddenly approaches, and tries to get Josh to switch to his side.
- But when Dee raises an army of the dead to attack Flamel and the others, Josh drives the Hummer into the fountain and Dr. John Dee in one terrific smash, and all the dead disappear.
- The gang runs inside the Witch of Endor's shop, and Dora, the Witch, tells them to jump through the mirror—a leygate—to Paris, so they can escape Dee.
- Josh is the last to jump. He hesitates for a moment when Dr. John Dee bursts in and tries to convince him for the last time to join his side.
- But in the nick of time, his sister, Sophie, comes back out of the mirror to get him.
- The two, holding hands, jump through together.
Next Page: Sophie Newman Timeline