All My Sons
by Arthur Miller
Chris Keller Timeline and Summary
- Chris tells his father he intends to propose to Ann. Joe doesn't share this info with Kate.
- Chris proposes. Ann says yes – and wants to tell Kate as soon as possible.
- Chris tries to hint to Kate, but she's not having it.
- When George arrives, Chris defends his father.
- He's also now frank about his resolution to marry Ann. Kate reveals that Joe was indeed guilty all those years ago.
- Chris yells at his father, then leaves.
- When he returns, he expresses his feelings of cowardice. Ann insists they take Joe to prison.
- As Chris is preparing to leave, he hears a gunshot from inside.