All My Sons
Joe Keller Timeline and Summary
- Joe entertains the neighbors.
- Chris informs Joe that he intends to marry Ann. Joe doesn't share this information with Kate.
- For Ann's benefit, Joe tells the story of the day her dad shipped faulty airplane parts. Joe didn't know a thing about it, he says.
- Ann's brother George calls. He's coming for a visit. Kate tells Joe to be careful.
- George accuses Joe of scapegoating his father. He wants to get Ann out of there. She refuses.
- Faced with the real possibility of Chris and Anne's engagement, Kate reveals Joe's guilt to Chris.
- Joe defends his action. He did it for his family.
- Ann and Chris want Joe to go to prison.
- Chris reads aloud a letter in which Larry confesses he's going to kill himself because of Joe's crime.
- Joe kills himself.