All's Well That Ends Well
All's Well That Ends Well Act 3, Scene 4 Summary
- In Roussillon France, the countess reads a letter from Helen.
- It turns out that Helen has decided to run away, too. She's on a holy pilgrimage to the Shrine of Saint Jaques (a.k.a. St. James' shrine in Spain) to make up for the fact that she's driven her husband off to a war zone.
- The countess is frantic. She orders Reynaldo to write Bertram a letter asking him to come home ASAP.
- She even admits that it probably wasn't such a good idea for her meddle in her son's love life to begin with.
- Then she hatches a plan to reunite Helen and Bertram. (So much for not sticking her nose in her kid's business – that didn't last long.)