All's Well That Ends Well Act 5, Scene 1 Summary
- Meanwhile, Helen, the widow, and Diana have arrived in Marseilles, France, in search of the king.
- As we know, the king isn't there. (Oops.)
- They bump into an austringer (a guy who works with hawks) and find out that the king is actually in Roussillon, which means the women had traveled all this way for nothing.
- Helen is not about to give up. She laces up her walking shoes and says "All's well that ends well yet, / Though time seem so adverse, and means unfit." (Yep, that's a shout-out to the title alright.)
- Helen then passes the austringer a note and promises him a bunch of money if he gives it to the king for her.
- (We know. Things would be so much easier if Helen and her friends had text messaging.)
- Helen and company saddle up for the trip to Roussillon.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...