The American Revolution
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching the American RevolutionTeacher Pass
Teaching the American Revolution Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Big Picture
- Why did the Americans declare independence?
Were there any advantages to being a member of the British Empire?
Is it plausible that American colonists would risk these for the sake of principle?
Do you think people commonly sacrifice self-interest for their principles?
- How "complete" was the revolution waged by American colonists?
Was the Americans' victory tainted by French support?
Was it tainted by the revolutionary leaders' neglect of slaves and women?