Among the Hidden Chapter 14 Summary
- This is the worst possible thing that could have happened to Luke's perfect plan. (Aside from maybe the Population Police catching him the moment he stepped outside.)
- Luke knows he should turn around and get back into his house. But instead, he pulls the screen of the door away from the frame and unlocks the slider from the inside.
- Yup. Now he's breaking and entering.
- Once inside the Sports Family's house, Luke marvels at how clean and new it is. Very unlike his own house.
- And then he hears a buzzing noise and reckons it's "better to discover than to be discovered" (14.8).
- Following the noise, Luke finds himself outside a room at the end of a long hallway.
- He peeks in and sees a girl typing on a computer. He never considered the Sports Family would have a daughter.
- Something about this girl makes Luke blush. We think we know what it is—wink wink.
- Then the girl turns around and pounces on him, pinning him to the ground.
- Restraining him with his arms pulled behind his back, the girl says that a security alarm went off as soon as he stepped foot on the property and guards will be arriving soon.
- Luke tries to say how they can't come and the girl interjects, "Who are you to stop them?" (14.22).
- Two little words make her let him go: Population Police.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...