Among the Hidden
by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Among the Hidden Chapter 18 Summary
- Luke is terrified. Mortified. Petrified.
- He can barely run in between Jen's house and his without having a heart attack. And now this chick wants him to out himself and defy the Government at the same time?!
- Jen picks up on the fact that Luke is shivering in his timbers so she draws his attention to the chat room they're in.
- Luke meets Carlos, Sean, and Yolanda - Jen's chat room friends and other shadow children. He also slightly panics when Jen mentions that he's with her.
- On his way to Freakoutville, Luke thinks the Government will be able to track him and find him. But Jen's voice of reason says that they would have gotten her a long time ago if they could do that.
- Plus, only those with the password could get into the chat room.
- How did this chat room come into existence?
- Why, it was created by none other than Jennifer Rose Talbot. (Surprised? Didn't think so.)
- Naturally, it started off small but Jen got her parents to distribute the password onto other parents of shadow children and now Jen can reach like 800 kids.
- So what's the secret code for all shadow children to know? "Free".
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...