Among the Hidden
by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Among the Hidden Chapter 23 Summary
- Luke super ticked at how Jen treated him at her house.
- And he starts feeling jealous at how different the life of a Baron is from his own. Soda, potato chips, leaving the house. As far as Luke's concerned, Jen has been subtly showing off the entire time.
- In an emotional moment of anger, Luke hopes someone shoots her at the rally.
- Well, that escalated quickly.
- Naturally, he immediately takes it back immediately, but not before realizing the scary possibility that it could happen.
- When Luke's mom gets home, she finds him still visibly upset and asks if he's sick.
- Tempted to spill the beans about everything, Luke simply tells his mom that he misses going outside - but quickly adds how he isn't complaining about it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...