Among the Hidden
Among the Hidden Chapter 24 Summary
- Luke is on an emotional rollercoaster: he wants to stop Jen, join Jen, demand an apology for how she treated him.
- But the three days of rain keep him from sneaking out.
- On Thursday night, when Jen is scheduled to depart for the rally, he wakes up in the middle of the night to find Jen has not only snuck into his house, but has made her way up to his room.
- Luke knows why she's there but still refuses to go: he's not a Baron and they're the only ones who have the power to change things.
- Nuh-uh: Jen completely rejects this notion and asserts that Luke can do the same.
- Still, she isn't going to force him to do something he doesn't want to do. So, she tells Luke that he's been a good friend and she'll miss him.
- Luke is convinced that he'll see her in a couple days when she comes back, but Jen simply says, "We can hope" (24.17).