Among the Hidden
by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Among the Hidden Chapter 9 Summary
- Luke's mind is going a mile a minute as he tries to process what he just saw.
- A face.
- In a house that is supposed to be empty.
- He keeps his eyes glued to the Sports Family house for hours until the family comes home.
- A half hour later Luke's mom comes up to see him, obviously to talk about his afternoon activities (which Luke almost forgot about since his full attention has been on that face).
- The topic naturally arrives at Luke having to stay hidden and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that Luke isn't thrilled with the situation.
- But his mind wanders back to that face in the window. Could that kid have been another third child just like Luke?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...