Among the Hidden Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What would Among the Hidden be like if it focused on Jen's perspective instead of Luke's?
- Luke's parents are quite the contrast when it comes to how they interact with him. What are the pros and cons of Mr. and Mrs. Garner's parenting styles?
- When Luke says that he's not a brave as Jen, she points out that he is always the one sneaking over to her house and never the other way around. Why do you think that is?
- What are the consequences of pretending someone doesn't exist or taking on a false identity? Would you be able to do it?
- Mrs. Garner originally wanted four kids (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). If Luke had a younger brother, do you think he would be as lonely and in need of freedom?
- Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are the four books of the Christian gospel. Is there religious symbolism to these names? If so, what might they symbolize?
- Is there any ways that Haddix could have written Among the Hidden with a different ending?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...