An Abundance of Katherines
by John Green
An Abundance of Katherines Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why does Colin only date Katherines? What is it that attracts him to that name, even down to the specific spelling? Why is there another Colin (TOC)?
- What is the difference between Colin's memory of the past and what actually happened? Why does he forget he dumped Katherine-3?
- How does Colin understand love? How is his understanding different from Hassan's and Lindsey's thoughts about love?
- Why does Colin study so much? What is he trying to prove? What is the difference between him being a prodigy and a genius?
- What's the deal with Colin wanting a eureka moment? Does he ever get one? Why or why not?
- Is Colin "normal"? Do we believe that he wants a normal adolescence, or does he want the attention of being a prodigy? Why does he complain about being a prodigy so much?
- Colin says he's anagramming or retyping his way through life. Do you agree? Does his focus ever change?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...