Anecdote of the Jar Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Who do you think the "I" mentioned in the first line of the poem is? What do you think is his or her significance?
- Which do you prefer, the jar, or the wilderness? Why?
- When read out loud, how do the sounds in this poem impact its effect on the reader?
- How do you imagine the setting of this poem before the jar arrived? How about after?
- What do you think is the significance of "Tennessee" in this poem? What makes this particular state special, or not?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...