Angels in America, Part One: Millennium Approaches
Angels in America, Part One: Millennium Approaches Act 2, Scene 1 Summary
December 1985-January 1986
- It's the third week of December.
- Prior is alone on the floor of his bedroom. He is much worse.
- Prior calls for Louis, crying that he can't breathe.
- Louis runs in and says he'll call an ambulance.
- Prior says he doesn't want to go to the hospital.
- Louis tries to help Prior stand, but Prior screams.
- Totally freaked out, Louis runs out of the room.
- Prior screams for Louis. He tries to stand and get to the bathroom, but he doesn't make it, and defecates on himself.
- Louis runs back in and sees what's happened.
- "This is blood," says Louis.
- Prior tells him not to touch it, then faints.
- Louis quietly freaks out, saying, "Oh God oh God oh God help me I can't I can't I can't" (2.1.23).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...