Angels in America, Part One: Millennium Approaches
Angels in America, Part One: Millennium Approaches Act 3, Scene 3 Summary
- It's the same day.
- Harper is in a very white place with a bright blue sky. Snow is delicately falling, and she's dressed in a great-looking snowsuit.
- Mr. Lies appears and tells her she's in Antarctica.
- Harper is super excited to be here.
- She notes that she really must've gone crazy this time.
- Yep, looks that way, says Mr. Lies.
- Harper talks about how she's going to build a fort and live it up in Antarctica.
- She talks about how she can have anything she wants here, maybe even a companion who wants her.
- She asks Mr. Lies if he's interested.
- He's says that such things are against the rules of "the International Order of Travel Agents" (3.3.15).
- Harper thinks that an Eskimo might make a good companion. He could even catch some fish for her and help out when the baby comes.
- Mr. Lies points out that there aren't any Eskimos in Antarctica, and that Harper isn't actually pregnant.
- Harper says that this is all imaginary anyway, so why does it matter.
- Then an Eskimo appears.
- Sweet, says Harper, this place is going to be great. She talks about how she's going to have a baby all "covered with thick white fur" and a "pouch that [Harper] can crawl into. Like a marsupial" (3.3.26).
- Harper wistfully hopes that she and her baby will "mend" together (3.3.26).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search