Angels in America, Part One: Millennium Approaches
Angels in America, Part One: Millennium Approaches Act 3, Scene 4 Summary
- It's the same day. We're in an abandoned lot in the South Bronx. It's snowing.
- A homeless woman is warming herself by an oil drum filled with fire.
- Hannah enters pulling two giant suitcases behind her. She asks the woman if this is Brooklyn and explains that she's just come from Salt Lake City.
- Hannah says her son was supposed to meet her at the airport but he never showed up.
- The homeless woman tells Hannah that she's in the Bronx, and then she starts acting crazy and talking to herself: "YOU DISGUSTING SLURPING FEEDING ANIMAL!" (3.4.6).
- She asks Hannah if she knows the prophecies of Nostradamus.
- Hannah tells her shut up, calm down, and tell her how to get to Brooklyn.
- The woman calms down.
- Hannah asks again how to get to Brooklyn.
- The woman says she doesn't know because she's never been there.
- Desperately, Hannah asks the woman if she knows where the Mormon Visitor's Center is.
- Yeah, no problem, says the woman, and tells her exactly how to get there.
- Hannah thanks the woman.
- "In the new century I think we will all be insane," says the woman.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search