Joe Pitt Timeline and Summary
- Roy Cohn offers Joe a job in the Justice Department in Washington, DC.
- He asks his wife, Harper, if she wants to move to DC, and they argue when she says she doesn't want to go.
- He meets Louis in a bathroom of the Brooklyn Federal Court of Appeals and denies that he's gay.
- Back home, Joe gets in a big fight with Harper when she asks if he's gay.
- When he has dinner with Roy Cohn, Roy advises him to get a divorce and go to Washington.
- Later he meets again with Roy as well as Martin, Roy's ally in Washington. They try to convince him to take the job at the Justice Department.
- Joe learns that Roy wants him to do unethical things in Washington to keep Roy from getting disbarred.
- Joe talks about the nature of justice with Louis.
- He gets drunk and calls his mom, Hannah, to tell her that he's gay.
- Later, he tells Harper that he's gay, then spits up blood.
- After spending several days in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer, he goes to Roy and refuses to take the job.
- At the end of the play, Joe begins a relationship with Louis.