Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika
Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika Act 4, Scene 5 Summary
- Harper is still standing on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, staring at the Manhattan skyline. She's barefoot and wearing a dress that's not warm enough for the freezing rain that's falling.
- Joe enters with an umbrella.
- Harper turns and stares at the skyline.
- She says the dark storm clouds over Manhattan make it look like Judgment Day.
- Joe tells her he wants to go home.
- She's not sure where that is.
- Harper asks him if he missed her.
- He says he's come back.
- Harper says water isn't enough to bring about the end of the world. To really get the job done, there needs to be fire.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search