Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika
Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika Act 5, Scene 10 Summary
- The same night, split scene.
- Louis and Prior are still on stage.
- Joe sits alone in his apartment.
- Harper stares out the window of a jumbo jet. She tells us she's on her way to San Francisco.
- She goes on to say that she just imagined that the plane flew up into ozone layer for a moment, and that she saw how torn and pathetic it looked.
- Harper then describes how she saw millions of souls rising from the earth. The souls linked hands and filled the holes in the ozone layer.
- "Nothing's lost forever. In the world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we've left behind, and dreaming ahead. At least I think that's so," Harper tells us (5.10.2).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search