Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika
by Tony Kushner
Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika Act 5, Scene 7 Summary
- It's morning and we're back in Prior's hospital room.
- Belize is sleeping.
- Prior climbs down the ladder and slips into bed.
- Our favorite prophet wakes up, saying he's really tired.
- Belize wakes up too.
- "You've been working hard," he tells Prior (5.7.3).
- Emily, the nurse, enters.
- She notes that Prior's fever broke.
- Hannah enters.
- Prior says he's been having a crazy dream and all of them were there.
- Prior thanks Hannah.
- She says there's no need and that it's time for her to go – hospitals freak her out.
- Hannah mentions that she had a really weird dream too.
- Louis enters.
- Prior asks him how he got all beat up.
- Louis reminds Prior that he told him not to come back until he had bruises on the outside.
- Prior chastises him for being so literal.
- Hannah says she has to go.
- Prior asks if she's coming back.
- She says she will if she can.
- "Please do," says Prior. "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers" (5.7.28).
- "Well, that's a stupid thing to do," says Hannah, and she exits (5.7.29).
- Louis asks who Hannah is.
- Prior replies that Louis would probably rather not know.
- Belize gives Prior a big bag full of AZT. Prior isn't sure he wants to take it, because it makes you anemic. Belize says they can talk about it tomorrow, then takes off.
- Louis tells Prior he wants to come back to him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...