Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika
Cite This Page
Prior Walter Timeline and Summary
- Prior tells the angel who crashed through his ceiling to go away.
- He wakes up from his dream of the angel.
- Prior calls Belize and gets him to sing a Christmas carol.
- He starts dressing like a prophet.
- He attends a tacky drag queen funeral with Belize, and then tells Belize the full story of his experience with the angel.
- Prior gets intimate with the angel.
- The angel tells him that he's a prophet who must get humanity to stop growing, changing, and migrating. She presses the sacred Book of Anti-Migration into his chest.
- End flashback.
- Prior goes to the Mormon Visitors Center and watches the diorama with Harper.
- While watching the diorama, he sees visions of Louis and Joe.
- Later, he confronts Louis in the park and pushes him away.
- Curious about Louis' new lover, he stalks Joe at work.
- Then he tries to stalk Joe at the Mormon Visitors Center, but hangs out with Hannah instead.
- He collapses at the Mormon Visitors Center, and Hannah takes him to the hospital.
- The nurse Emily chastises him for not taking care of himself.
- In the hospital, he talks Mormonism and angel history with Hannah.
- In another vision, he confronts the angel, wrestling her at Hannah's prompting.
- He gains access to Heaven and tells the angels there that they have to take the book back, saying that human beings can't just stop moving and changing.
- Prior wakes up in his hospital bed.
- When Louis visits, he tells Louis he loves him but that Louis can't come back.
- Much later, he delivers an epilogue that sums up the play's progressive message.