Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika
Cite This Page
Roy Cohn Timeline and Summary
- Roy is horribly sick with AIDS and is checked into the hospital.
- He's mean and racist to Belize, his nurse, who is just trying to help him out and give him some medical advice.
- Roy blackmails Martin into getting him a ton of AZT.
- Still in the hospital, he talks on the phone a lot, trying to keep from being disbarred.
- When Belize asks for some of his AZT stash (to give to Prior) Roy refuses. He eventually relinquishes a bottle or two after provoking Belize to anti-Semitism.
- He listens to Belize describe Heaven.
- When Joe comes to visit him in the hospital, Roy freaks out when Joe tells him he's been living with a man. He orders Joe to go back to Harper.
- As he's dying, Roy tricks the ghost of Ethel Rosenberg into singing him a lullaby, only to make fun of Ethel for her kindness.
- Soon after, Roy dies.
- Roy appears as a ghost to Joe.
- In the afterlife, Roy becomes God's lawyer, promising to get the Almighty out of trouble for abandoning humanity.