by George Orwell
Animal Farm Chapter 4 Summary
- We are introduced to Mr. Pilkington and Mr. Frederick. Each owns one of the neighboring farms. In short, the animals are working on their public image.
- But it's not really working. See, the neighboring humans are worried that their animals will rise up if they don't squash Animal Farm.
- Snowball, a tactician extraordinaire, prepares the animals for the impending invasion of the humans.
- Blood! Battle! Exclamation Points! There are some minor casualties (animals that don't really matter, like sheep) and Snowball is wounded. Boxer kills a man and then feels guilty about it.
- Snowball gets a prize. Rather, he gives himself a prize: "Animal Hero, First Class."