Animal Farm Chapter 8 Summary
- Okay, wait, but wasn't there some rule about not killing other animals?
- Yeah, the animals thought so, too.
- It's weird, though: when they read the rules now, they're different: now rule 6 just says something along the lines of not killing without cause.
- Napoleon gets a new name, as "Napoleon" is not majestic enough. Now it is "Our Leader, Comrade Napoleon."
- He's also becoming a total snob about the amount and consistency of the foam on his cappuccinos. Okay, we made that last part up. But he totally would, if he drank cappuccinos.
- Napoleon sells timber to neighboring farmer Frederick, refusing to take payment by check (or rather, "cheque," since this is England), demanding cash instead.
- Oops. Turns out the money was fake. That Frederick—such a prankster.
- And then the humans attack again, this time dynamiting the windmill the animals were building.
- Did we mention they were rebuilding the windmill?
- Also, some bloodiness is involved in the battle, and Boxer is injured.
- The pigs celebrate their "victory" by dressing up in clothes (not allowed) and drinking alcohol (also not allowed) inside the farmhouse (you got it—not allowed).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search