Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. Why does Old Major gather all the animals?
2. According to Old Major, what is the animals' number one enemy?
3. According to the animals, are rats their comrades?
4. Finish the sentence: "Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is ______."
5. What does Mr. Jones do when the animals wake him up?
6. Why are the animals able to meet, for a while, without waking up Mr. Jones?
7. List one of Old Major's suggestions or rules for the uprising.
Answers1. To tell them about a dream he had
4. A friend
5. He fires a shot
6. Mr. Jones is drunk and fell asleep.
7. Old Major suggests that all the animals focus on loyalty; avoid alcohol, money, trade; and that no animal may kill any other animal.