by George Orwell
Snowball (a pig) Timeline and Summary
- Snowball helps Napoleon and Squealer to develop Animalism and then leads the animals in cleaning human paraphernalia off the farm after the rebellion.
- He writes out the Seven Commandments.
- Snowball forms "Animal Committees" and teaches everyone to read and write, but it doesn't go so well.
- To simplify things, he reduces the Seven Commandments to "Four legs good, two legs bad."
- Snowball runs tactics in the Battle of the Cowshed and is awarded "Animal Hero, First Class."
- Pretty soon, Napoleon and Snowball start fighting. Snowball wants to spread the revolution; Napoleon wants to gain more power. Snowball wants a windmill; Napoleon wants to pee on it.
- Napoleon's dogs run Snowball off the farm.