Anna Karenina Part 1, Chapter 4 Summary
- Dolly is in the midst of packing, but even so, she loves her husband and considers it impossible to leave him.
- Dolly is angry, sad, and stressed. Her husband, on the other hand, appears cheerful, healthy, and happy.
- Oblonsky keeps asking her to forgive him, but Dolly realizes that he pities her and doesn't truly love her.
- This angers her and she tells him to scram.
- Oblonsky leaves the house, and Dolly busies herself by taking care of the children's clothes and figuring out where to get fresh milk.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search