Anna Karenina Part 1, Chapter 4 Summary
- Dolly is in the midst of packing, but even so, she loves her husband and considers it impossible to leave him.
- Dolly is angry, sad, and stressed. Her husband, on the other hand, appears cheerful, healthy, and happy.
- Oblonsky keeps asking her to forgive him, but Dolly realizes that he pities her and doesn't truly love her.
- This angers her and she tells him to scram.
- Oblonsky leaves the house, and Dolly busies herself by taking care of the children's clothes and figuring out where to get fresh milk.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...