Anna Karenina Part 2, Chapter 10 Summary
- The argument (detailed in the previous chapter) marks a turning point in the life of Anna and Karenin.
- On the surface everything seems to be the same, but their personal relations have completely changed.
- Karenin feels utterly powerless, like he's just waiting for a disaster.
- Anna continues to hang out with Princess Betsy and sees Vronsky everywhere.
- Karenin falls back on talking to Anna in a half-mocking tone, which makes it impossible to say anything serious to her.
- This chapter ends with two lines of ellipses representing the total break between what has come before in the novel and what is to come after.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search