Anna Karenina Part 3, Chapter 18 Summary
- The women guests to Princess Betsy's house are beautiful, striking, and have fabulously extravagant clothes.
- Anna finds Liza Merkolov more attractive than Baroness Sappho.
- Liza asks Anna her secret to never being bored.
- Old Stremov makes a point of being particularly flattering and cordial to Anna.
- Anna is pleased by this company – it's fun and easy, whereas what awaits her in Countess Vrede's garden is hard and difficult.
- Nevertheless, Anna expresses her regrets and leaves for her rendezvous with Vronsky.