Anna Karenina Part 5, Chapter 2 Summary
- On the day of the wedding, Levin is not allowed to see his bride.
- Instead, he celebrates with his brother, Koznyshev, a college friend named Katavasov, and his best man, Chirikov.
- The dinner is lots of fun – the jokes and conversation are lively.
- Soon the men start giving Levin a hard time about the upcoming loss of his liberty, a concept that Levin doesn't understand, because he finds complete happiness in loving Kitty.
- After the guys leave, Levin starts to freak out that Kitty doesn't love him and that she's just marrying him in order to get married.
- He goes and finds her. She's sorting out old dresses to give away to those in need.
- She assures him of her love, and five minutes later everything is fine.
- Kitty's mother comes into the room and sends Levin home.
- Levin is late preparing for the wedding. He orders Kuzma, his servant, to lay out his clothes.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search