Anna Karenina Part 6, Chapter 2 Summary
- All the women are on the balcony, talking about jam.
- They chat a bit about Koznyshev and Varenka, and the possibility that they will be engaged by the time they come back from mushroom hunting.
- Then they chat about marriage proposals as each of the three Shcherbatsky women remember their own proposals. Kitty tells the story of Levin's initial-writing (as discussed in Part 4).
- Dolly mentions how, with regard to Vronsky, it was fortunate for Kitty that Anna met him, while it was extremely bad luck for Anna. Dolly says that her thoughts often turn to Anna.
- Kitty says that she never thinks about it and doesn't want to do so.
- At that point Levin comes in and interrupts their conversation, apologizing for intruding on their "women's kingdom" (6.2.48).
- Levin and Kitty go off to join the mushroom hunting expedition. They walk. The carriage will catch up to them later.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search