Anna Karenina Part 6, Chapter 7 Summary
- Levin goes back when supper is served.
- All the men plan to go shooting early in the morning.
- During supper, Oblonsky calls Veslovsky over to tell Dolly and Kitty about Anna. Vronsky and Anna have shacked up a scant fifty miles away, and their place is very nice.
- Levin watches this group talking from the other side of the room, and experiences intense jealousy as Kitty appears to be fully absorbed in what Veslovsky has to say.
- Dolly says that she fully intends to visit Anna.
- Kitty goes over to Levin and talks to him about the upcoming shooting trip.
- In his jealousy, Levin interprets everything she is saying as masking a hidden passion for Veslovsky.
- In the bedroom that night, Kitty keeps asking Levin what has been bothering him.
- Finally it all comes out in a torrent of emotion.
- Kitty and Levin soon make amends.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...